Garfield Memorial Post 255
Veteran's Memorial Scholarship Fund
1) The applicant must write an essay of 1,000 words minimum on the subject listed below in the "Current Annual Topic" This application must submit their essay using MS Word or .pdf file. If we cannot open your essay, then we cannot review the essay and send it to the Scholarship Committee. An applicant may type the essay and mail it to the PO Box listed in the Contact Info section.
2) The deadline for submissions is May 1.
- Any applications send it by mail must be received in the Garfield American Legion PO Box no later than May 1. Any applications received in the PO Box
after the close of business to the public by the Postal Service on May 1 will result in the application being rejected.
- Any applications sent in by electronic mail must be received no later than 23:59:59 hours on May 1.
- Email applications must have all attachments in one email. Multiple emails from an applicant will not be accepted.
Current Annual Topic
2017 - What is America?